The ultimate indulgent treat! They are ideal to munch during the endless Christmas movies or even as an after dinner treat. Perfect for any family members who aren't keen on Christmas Cake or Christmas Pudding! They also make a lovely edible present - they're so delicious that no one will even guess how quick and easy they are to make!
For the truffles
150g dark organic chocolate (Green & Blacks is a good one!)
85g cacao nibs
1 1/2 tbsps coconut oil
120ml coconut milk
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
For the coating
2 tbsps desiccated coconut
2 tbsps cacao powder
1. Grate the chocolate
2. Place all the chocolate into a heatproof bowl and add the coconut oil
3. Heat the coconut milk gently in a saucepan over a low heat, stirring all the time
4. Gradually pour the milk over the chocolate and coconut oil and stir very gently until chocolate melts.
5. Stir in the vanilla extract. Cover bowl and place in fridge for 5 hours to set.
6. Remove from fridge and using your hands - roll into little truffle balls. Coat half of the truffles in the desiccated coconut and half in the cacao powder
7. Place each truffle in a petit four case and return to the fridge for 10-15 minutes. Then serve!
The perfect christmas chocolate treat!