A steaming bowl of smoky chilli packed with flavour and warmth is hard to beat. Unless, of course, you want to take it to the next level and add in an extra special ingredient. That extra special ingredient being none other than Well + Happy chocolate! It adds a real depth of flavour without being overpowering and I can't imagine making chilli without it.
1 tbsp Well + Happy cacao
1 tbsp coconut oil
2 portobello mushrooms chopped
2 medium onions finely chopped
1 celery stick finely chopped
1/2 red chilli finely chopped
1 tsp fresh ginger grated
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
2 tsps ground cumin
1 tsp paprika
2 x 400g can of chopped tomatoes
1 x 400g can of black eyed beans
1 x 400g can of black beans
1 x 400g can of kidney beans
500ml veg stock
2 tbsps fresh parsley finely chopped
1 tbsp dried mixed herbs
1 tbsp tomato puree
1 tbsp coconut sugar
Juice of half a lemon
1 tbsp nutritional yeast
1. Melt the coconut oil in a large pan. Add the onions and cook over a medium heat for two minutes.
2. Add the celery, chilli and ginger and cook for around 5-6 minutes.
3. Next up add the cinnamon, cayenne pepper, ground cumin and paprika. Stir well over a low heat for 1 minute.
4. Add the tomatoes, beans , Guinness and stock. Stir well and then add in the Well + Happy cacao, parsley, dried mixed herbs, tomato puree, nutritional yeast, coconut sugar and stir well. Add salt and pepper to taste.
5. Bring to the boil and then lower the heat. Cover with a lid and cook for about 25-30 mins.
6. Add the grated Well + Happy chocolate bar and juice of half a lemon. Stir well and cook for about 1-2 minutes.
7. Serve with wild brown rice or quinoa and a bowl of coconut cream!
For more Well + Happy goodies, check out their website for their full range (I promise you that you won't be disappointed!) They do everything from Matcha Latte bars to chocolate boxes to cacao lip balm: