Silky, sticky, melt-in-your mouth date caramel Easter Eggs that will help satisfy your little ones this Easter (or just your own inner child!)
For the egg
100g melted dark chocolate (I use Well+Happy midnight and caramello)
Pinch of himalayan pink salt
For the centre
8-10 pitted Medjool dates
2 tsp melted coconut oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp maple syrup
Pinch of salt
1. Pour the melted chocolate into the moulds, filling them up. Then pour the chocolate from the moulds back into a bowl so you're left with just a coating of chocolate in the moulds. Pick up and move the moulds around so the chocolate is evenly spread and covers the moulds fully.
2. Set in the fridge for around 20-25 minutes.
3. Whilst the chocolate is setting, make the filling. Blend all the ingredients together in a food processor.
4. Once the chocolate has set, fill your eggs with the date caramel filling.
5. Use the leftover melted chocolate form earlier to brush around the edge of one half of each egg to stick the two halves together.
6. Place the eggs back in the fridge for around 5-10 minutes to set before enjoying.