100g of quinoa
1 small onion, chopped
1 tsp ginger finely chopped
2 cloves crushed garlic
1/2 tsp ground turmeric
1/2 tsp chilli flakes
Bunch of coriander, chopped
1/2 courgette grated
1/2 carrot grated
1/2 red pepper chopped up small
2 tsps vegan stock
Salt and pepper
1. Wash and cook the quinoa, adding in the stock. Drain and set aside
2. Mix melted coconut oil, cumin, 1/2 tsp garam masala, paprika and 1 tbsp tamari in a bowl.
3. Slice the aubergines (or courgettes) lengthways and coat with the above mixture.
4. Fry or grill the aubergines over a medium heat, for around 2-3 mins on each side until they are nice and soft. Set aside.
5. In a frying pan, heat up some coconut oil and fry the onion and add in the garlic, ginger, turmeric, coriander, chilli flakes, 1/2 tbsp tamari, 1 tsp garam masala and salt and pepper. Mix in with the quinoa to create the filling.
6. Chop up half a raw courgette, 1/2 carrot and 1/2 red pepper.
7. Lay the aubergine or courgette slices out on a chopping board. Spread a layer of the filling on top of each slice and then sprinkle in the chopped raw vegetables.
8. Roll up each slice and place a cocktail stick through the middle to keep all the filling in.