For the BBQ jackfruit
2 cans young green jackfruit in water (rinse and drain before use)
1 cup BBQ sauce (homemade is best!)
1 onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tbsp molasses
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp liquid smoke (optional)
For the salad
2 cups shredded cabbage, carrots, lettuce etc. You can choose whatever you want!
1 tbsp pomegranate molasses (or maple syrup)
1 lemon juiced
1/4 cup roasted cashews
- Add the onion and garlic to a pan. Add the spices, molasses and garlic and heat for around 5 minutes.
- Then add the jackfruit and 3/4 of the BBQ sauce in and mix together. Cook for around 15-20 minutes.
- Once the jackfruit is starting to soften, shred the jackfruit with two forks.
- Cook for another 10 minutes.
- Toss together the salad ingredients in a bowl and place the jackfruit mixture on top, along with the remaining BBQ sauce.