Bad falafel makes me fal-afel. Feel awful. Ya get it?
But seriously, there's just no excuse for tasteless balls of mush.
This recipe has a whole myriad of flavours going on and it's a little bit great. Okay not a little bit, a lot. It's a lot great.
Ingredients 400g can chickpeas, rinsed and drained 1/2 sweet potato 2 crushed garlic cloves 1 grated onion 1 tbsp tomato purée One handful of parsley 1 tsp ground cumin 1 tsp ground coriander 1⁄2 tsp chilli powder 3-4 tbsps ground almonds 2 tbsp melted coconut oil 1/2 chopped tomato 1 small red onion, roughly chopped
1. Preheat oven to 180C.
2. In a small saucepan, melt 1 tsp coconut oil and then heat up the onions for around 3-4 minutes
3. Then add all the ingredients to a food processor and blitz up!
4. Remove from the food processor and using your hands, roll the mixture into balls
5. Place onto a parchment lined baking tray and bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes
6. Remove and allow to cool down on a cooling rack
7. Serve however you wish. I served mine with hummus, salsa and a big old salad!