Christmas Pastry Tree
It's Christmas Eve. Who is excited? Meeeee! Christmas is my favourite time of the year. I get to spend time with my favourite people, there's such a wonderful festive spirit around and of course, the food. Need I say more?
Make your Christmas a little bit more special with this festive treat!
Every Christmas I tell myself I'm going to be really organised so I can have a relaxed December. Then Christmas Eve comes around and it suddenly dawns on me that nothing is done. A mad panic. A rush. Secretly I think part of me enjoys it.
This is where this recipe comes in to save the day - what an absolute hero. It's SO easy to make - four ingredients and it takes no time at all.! I will of course be making one today because, funnily enough, I have left everything to the last minute yet again. Also excuse my terrible pastry twisting skills. It's all about the taste.
1/2 tsp coconut oil
Pack of puff pastry (Just Rol is
4 tbsps dark chocolate hazelnut spread
2 tbsps crushed hazelnuts (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 190C. Line a baking tray with baking parchment and grease with coconut oil.
2. Cut the puff pastry block in half and roll out two thin sheets, making sure it's enough to cover the baking tray. Place the two sheets on top of each other and score the pastry into the shape of a triangle so you are left with two triangles.
3. Place one of the pastry sheets onto the prepared baking tray. Spread the hazelnut spread over the entire triangle.
4. Place the second triangle of pastry on top of the first. Cut away two strips at the bottom of the triangle to form the base of the tree trunk.
5. Score two lines down the middle of the triangle to form a tree trunk that is narrower at the top and gets wider as it goes towards the base. Score straight lines (branches) into the side of the triangle.
6. Twist the branches away from you as you work your way up the tree.
7. Bake in oven for around 12-15 mins. Allow it to cool for about 5 mins before tucking in.
Merrrrry Christmas to you all!
I hope you get to spend it with everyone you love