Chunky Monkey Biscuits
If you're looking for a chocolate chip biscuit recipe that is crisp and crunchy in all the right places and leaves you wanting more then you've come to the right place!
These are easy to make and taste so delicious - you'll soon forget all about your shop-bought favourites.
Whip up a batch and get yourself a mug of tea. It's time to start dunking.
50g Well + Happy Chunky Monkey chocolate chopped into small chunks
60ml melted coconut oil
3/4 tbs chia seeds or ground flax seeds mixed with 2 tbsps water
75g coconut sugar
1/8 tsp himalayan pink salt
1/4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
90g spelt flour
1. Preheat oven to 190C and line a baking sheet with greaseproof paper.
2. Mix the chia seeds or ground flax seeds together with the water and leave for 5 minutes until it begins to thicken.
3. In a separate mixing bowl, put in the coconut sugar, coconut oil, salt, baking powder and vanilla extract. Beat well until light and fluffy. Gradually add the flour a little bit at a time beating well in between until it forms a very soft dough. Then add in the flax or chia mix and stir briefly.
4. Mix in the Well + Happy chunky monkey chocolate chunks
5. Separate the dough into approx 8-10 small balls. Take each ball, flatten gently into your hand and place onto the lined baking tray
6. Cook for 8-10 mins making sure they don't burn.
7. Remove from the oven and cool on a baking tray for about 2 mins, then transfer onto a cooling rack until cool.
8. If a rumbling tummy doesn't stop you then can keep it in the airtight container for 3 days