Classic, chewy and good for your soul, these are simple to make and hard to beat!
If you're little then this is the perfect starting point to begin your baking adventure as this recipe is really easy and fun to make. Make sure there's a big person nearby to give you a helping hand with the tricky bits.
180g rolled oats (I use gluten free)
1 medium banana, mashed
2 tbsps coconut oil, melted (plus extra for greasing)
2 tbsps maple syrup (or date syrup)
3 tbsps peanut butter
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
Pinch of sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 190C and line a small baking tray (approx 15cm x 24cm) with baking parchment and grease lightly with coconut oil.
2. Place the banana, coconut oil, maple syrup, peanut butter, vanilla extract, cinnamon and salt in a saucepan. Stir well over a low heat until it becomes liquid.
3. Remove saucepan from the heat and add the oats. Mix together well.
4. Spread this mixture onto the baking tray and press down firmly with the back of a spoon.
5. Bake in the middle shelf of the oven for around 15-20 mins until nice and brown.
6. Remove from the oven and place the baking tray onto a cooling rack.
7. Leave to cool completely in the tray and then cut into 10 slices.